Eye Concerns, Infections, and Injuries
Our optometrists are available 24/7 to answer your urgent vision concerns. In an emergency, your vision health may require an immediate trip to the hospital. In cases of minor eye infections and non-penetrating eye injuries, Gary Fowle, OD, and Andy Fowle, OD, are skilled at treating a majority of vision concerns, providing you with personalized care and greater convenience.
Eye Concerns, Infections and Injuries Treated at Fowle Eyecare Associates
- Contact lens concerns
- Protective lens concerns
- Eye pain, swelling or reduced movement
- Differences in pupil sizes
- Red eyes
- Blood in the eye
- Flashes and/or floaters
- Infections (i.e. pink eye)
- Blurred vision
- Foreign body removal (non-penetrating)
- Loss of vision or sudden vision changes
Preparation and Prevention
- When experiencing eye pain, infection or injury, speak with a doctor at Fowle Eyecare Associates before touching, rubbing or placing pressure on your eye or applying any medication to the eye.
- Immediately flush out any chemicals by rinsing your eyes with clean water for at least 15 minutes.
- Place a shield or gauze over your eye upon injury, excluding chemical injuries.
- During your vision exam, be sure to let the doctor know if you are wearing contact lenses.
- Protective eyewear should be used during sports and during use or exposure to chemicals, hazardous materials and power tools.
- Ensure children are using and know how to properly handle age-appropriate toys.
- During business hours, call our office at 616.866.0140.
- After hours, your call will be forwarded to our call system and a doctor will return your call promptly.
- During an emergency, please call 911.